As we’re headed into the holidays we give a head-nod to the good, the less fortunate and some ways you can share your social and real capital to help others. Happy holidays.
- It’s good to be king. Autobiography inspiring a hollywood hit movie that out performed Tom Cruise, Prince of Persia & Percy Jackson in the box office, company flourishing and expanding, and now Mark Zuckerberg has been named Time Person of the Year 2010
- Facebook to offer Face Recognition for photo tagging to help users in tagging photos of friends – service to be rolled out gradually. If you want to see how controversial this feature is, be sure to check out Tim O’Rielly & John Battelle’s Web 2.0 Expo interview with Eric Schmidt as the latter sidesteps this debate.
- Turmoil around Yahoo’s Del.icio.us this week, with questions of it being shut down as it’s not a strategic fit for Yahoo! (TechCrunch)
- As the “sunsetting” news continues, it’s looking like Yahoo! may be killing something else as well – consumer confidence in them
A Time for Giving
- ‘Tis the season for goodwill towards your fellow being, and the 2010 Holiday Tweet Drive is well under way bringing toys and food to disadvantaged kids
- Founders of start-up SwipeGood believe that giving should be simple and constant, and what better way than to have the ability to give with every credit card purchase
- Giving is getting easier and the options are growing – check out these five different sites that make it easy to give back while socializing online