As your Outlook Calendar most certainly says, tomorrow is iPhone day one. Colbert Report last night regarding Transformers movie and his robophobia paraphrased: “God help up when we fall blindly in love with machines.” Cut to image of iPhone. Cut back to Colbert hands in prayer smiling desperately like a good boy entreaty to Steve Jobs. In honor of of this historic moment, some good reads on the subject:
- too funny: the iSmudginator–an app that replicates your iPhone getting used
- Where/How to Buy
- Side-by-side reviews from Newsweek, NYT, USAToday & WSJ
- Calacanis buying iPhone based on Mossberg/WSJ demo
- CNET calls what’s real new ground for iPhone. Read the comments, which basically say that any single feature may not be original (altough some are) but its the quality experience from integration that makes this a game changer.
I’ll repeat that last point because it’s a 2.o and digital marketing theme that can’t be overstated:
- It seems “just new” feature isn’t the key, integration of smart, leading-edge stuff working together seamlessly is key. Agency and client folks, doesn’t that sound familiar? It’s what we’re all working towards and when successful can move and change markets.