Web 2.0 Summit’s Mary Meeker on Internet Trends – click on link or play below if you have 18 minutes to cover 10 important trends.
Other News around Digital and Social Media:
- Facebook’s popularity continues to rise and dominate as the site accounts for 25% of all U.S. Pageviews — btw, Social Gaming accounts for half of all Facebook checkins, so credit where credit’s due, right?
- As Social Gaming is blowing up, brands are noticing and making headway to capitalize on the opportunity, but not everyone gets it just yet – 4 misconceptions about marketing in social games
- From social graph to interest graph – Twitter tells you who to follow
- Media magnate Murdoch preps digital newspaper “The Daily” for iPad, with intents to charge for the news content
- The fight to stop the use of Flash ads continues as a new campaign seeks to stop Flash ads from “breaking the web”
- Safeway and PepsiCo team up with Foursquare, as the partnership seeks to reinvent grocery store loyalty program