- For more about Social/Local/Mobile, see us at the Social-Loco Conference—I’ll be speaking on the “Big Brand” money panel.
- Wrap your mind around this: Escher’s Waterfall has our mind boggling!
- Check out Little Thor, a miniature hero who gives this year’s favorite Super Bowl character, Little Vader from the Volkswagen commercial, a run for his money.
- Will Turnage, VP, Technology & Invention for R/GA, shows off a shirt he hacked for a South by Southwest session. This shirt not only flashes when he taps his phone through a Bluetooth control, but also lights up when someone tweets his twitter handle.
- AppNation brought the growing consumer application trend to the forefront of the minds of all those who were fortunate enough to attend.
- Drew Ianni, Chairman of AppNation, joined us at Anthem Worldwide in San Francisco to share his view-from-the-top of the Apps Ecosystem.
- I spoke at AppNation last week on Mobile Video. It’s going to be huge—already ½ of total mobile traffic in 2011. Here’s a run down of relevant data.
- Privacy Concerns over Apple’s tracking of location data on the iPhone flared
- GigaOm argues for greater transparency in this area
- Good reason for tracking concerns. Last week, Tomtom got into hot water when media discovered they were reselling anonymous data to local Police.
- Facebook unveils its group deals program putting the heat on Groupon and Living Social through it’s enormous scale and command of the socialgraph
- Since Apple added gyroscopes to the iPhone and iPad Augmented Reality (AR) apps have been exploiting those coordinates for a greater cool factor