- Social media has a secret weapon: Email. Thoughts from Union Square Venture Partners’ Fred Wilson. I agree with his conclusions and will raise the issue one-better. Social|Local|Mobile programs require an armada of traditional media and channels support to succeed—from POS and advertising support to sales support, email marketing and more. So, the rise of these new media doesn’t have to spell the end of traditional marketing; in fact we’ll need more not less of those disciplines and artisans around
- 15 marketing and social media trends of 2011 – by Rohit Bhargava; mid-year & how are they holding up so far?
- Learn about some LinkedIn Lessons
- AdWeek did a fluff-piece on Klout, a company that rates the influence of tweeters by 35 attributes including tallying retweets, responses, Facebook likes and click-throughs to produce an influence score. Not much in the article about the nuance and opportunity Klout represents, but it’s a company worth serious consideration
- Register for my presentation, “This Can Change Everything: Marketing in a World Changed by a Hashtag”
- Ashton Kutcher and Intel come together to create “Digital Content Units”
- Wi-Fi calling is now free for Android owners that have T-Mobile… all you need is the Smart Wi-Fi application and the Even More calling plan
- Roundup of kickstarter Apple-related projects
- Why governments will benefit from embracing open source technology
- Google Doodle –those fun variations on Google’s logo on the search homepage each day—can drive up to 2mm page views according to Edelman’s Steve Rubel
- Discovered this podcast for what’s going on in location based marketing this week
In case you missed it, each of the individuals called out above–Fred Wilson, Rohit Bhargava and Steve Rubel all deserve a click and Twitter follow.