- Steve Jobs says 7” tablets are ‘dead on arrival.’ Agreed for iPad-like use of reading, entertainment, snacking content. Predict move to lighter >15” is next thing. However, lively debate on Facebook and in hallways about 7″ form factor being about Universal-Remote replacements, not iPad killers. As the Remote, they have the potential to displace 100s of millions of devices if price/OS can deliver.
- iPhone helps Apple crush earning expectations; but iPad sales, margins, guidance weakish (btw, one company’s “weakish” is another company’s roaring success–ask an agency/professional services firm; we’ll take 30+% ebitda any day).
- And as a result of those high earnings, Apple may take the top spot as largest US public company
- It’s not official yet, but may be a reality early next year – All you need to know about a (possible) Verizon iPhone
- As we enter the holiday season, or season of giving, it’s encouraging to know that opportunities for acts of charity are at our fingertips – Social good is as easy as texting
- Mobile Ad spending can top $1 billion in 2011 (report) http://on.mash.to/9unPSz
- We use several of these & you should too – Mashable’s list of 5 superior social media management tools
- Scott Monty explains what drives Ford’s social-media strategy, Focus Rally: America
- Fast Company – For millennials, brands may be as important as religion, ethnicity
- The Starbucks Digital Network that Howard Schultz unveiled at the Wired Biz Conf earlier this year is now live, and brewing up curated web content–currently a “walled garden” approach
- Last week Chris Shipley & team hosted Pivot Con, a great conference aimed at marketers trying to better understand and reach Millennials 18-34 years old
- Real Branding’s Alan Feldenkris, Managing Director for New York, hosted a series of speakers addressing “The New Marketing Organization.” Alan kicked things off with a little about how we keep up with and approach technology, brands and new consumer realities. You can see his introductions, topic speakers and Q&A/Pannel here.
- We tested a new tool, Curated.by, to save the best tweets from the conference. You can breeze through dozens of tweets culled from the various hashtags and related posters.